Saturday, September 12, 2009

Read This

We have completed our first fifteen days of school and I am now going to start to put on the pressure for some of you.  
**SAT Vocabulary quiz will be on Monday or Tuesday (depending which day you have me).
**Family Tree Project will be due on the 17th or 18th (once again, depending on when you have me).
Those of you who have followed directions, pay attention and take everything I say seriously, I want to thank you all for making my life a little easier.  Your level of maturity will serve you well in my class and in the years to come.
Here are some observations and general concerns:

1. Not following directions.  
Many of you did not receive complete credit for the SAT Vocabulary words A-D because you did not complete all the requirements.  I gave many of you a second chance to fix what you didn't do the first time around, but from now on you will either have it completed on time with all components done or you will not get full credit.
2. Not paying attention.
I clarify many things in class regarding classwork assignments, homework or projects.  For example, the Family Tree Project Part C has now changed.  I want you to use your creativity to present your findings of where your family comes from (replacing the immigration map) and your basic family tree (you, your parents, grandparents from both sides, and possibly great grandparents).  If you have any concerns or issues see me before the due date.
You can present this information in a Powerpoint, on a poster, on a science board, etc.  Be creative because I know you can all do it.
3. Not reviewing your notes.
Many of you were caught off guard with the Literature term quiz, even though both in class and on this blog I warned you that a quiz was imminent.  You must be prepared at all times both in my class and in the real world for whatever comes your way.
4. Absences and new students.
When you are absent it is your responsibility to find out what you missed either from another student or checking the blog/school notes page.  When you return to school you need to show me an excused admit within a week to receive any make-up work or quizzes.  
New students need to get with the program as quickly as possible.  Your grade will begin from the moment you enter the class.  Grades that were issued before you entered the class will not count against you.

2 comments: