Friday, October 8, 2010

Homecoming Week

Literary Analysis essays are done! HURRAY!!!! Now I get to grade them all. OH NO!!!!

I have a few things I want to address concerning some behavior I have observed in the last couple of weeks:

1. Deadlines are issued for a reason. If you do not turn in an assignment on time that is your own fault. I could understand if I gave you a major project to complete in one day, but I give you time and I not only explain how to do it in class I also write the instructions on the blog. Do not take advantage of my benevolence. Do your work and turn it in on time. End of story.

2. Some of you have been absent for several classes. It is your responsibility to bring me an excused admit or the pass that was given to you if you left school early. At that point you have only one week to make up the work. After that I have all the right to put in a zero.

Otherwise, those of you who are doing everything you are supposed to be doing -- thank you for being diligent students. Keep up the good work.
*Remember, the first nine weeks is not over. However, I will be closing my gradebook by October 22nd so that any missing work after that date will go in as a zero.

This coming week the Bill of Rights partner activity will be issued.
We will be continuing with our SAT words (I-L).
PSAT test, for those who registered, is on Wednesday (10/13).

Hope you had a great homecoming week! Will post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment