Friday, September 13, 2013

Clarifications

Dear students,

I know that there have been many schedule changes this week and I am not sure if they are done yet or not.
As far as I am concerned, we have completed Beowulf in class with the group presentations.
We have also been reviewing Pronoun agreement, which as I mentioned is important for the SAT/ACT tests (grammar sections).

In the coming weeks we will continue to cover important grammar areas that are on the SAT/ACT tests so it is important that you are in class.
I have received practice workbooks from Mr. Ochoa for the SAT and ACT tests.  We will be working with these practice booklets in class in preparation for the October tests.

If you still have not registered for the SAT the deadline is September 20th. 
The deadline for the ACT is September 27.

My Periods 1,2,3, and 6 received the handout for the BigFuture website that you should be using to find four schools that you want to apply to by December.  You will be receiving a grade for this assignment and it will be due the first week of October.  The website address is https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/

*Progress Reports are coming out this coming week as well.  For the most part grades are up to date in the gradebook except of course for the students who have just come into my class.  I will get your grades from your previous teacher and you are responsible for completing my assignments starting September 16th.


No comments:

Post a Comment