Wednesday, October 28, 2009

You will learn one way or another

Now that the first nine weeks is over, let me reiterate some ideas that you need to remember for the rest of the school year:
1. No pencil! When submitting work to me it needs to be done in blue or black ink. Notes or work that stays in your folder can be done in pencil, but everything else must be in ink. Play with fire and you will loose points.
2. Check and recheck your work before submitting it. Typos and grammar errors will cause you to loose points on assignments. Make sure you are turning in your best work. The more careful and detailed you are demonstrates to me that you took time when completing your work and you will earn the better grade.
3. Following directions and listening. If I make copies of project sheets and take the time to explain what I am looking for you need to follow those directions or your grade will suffer. Many of you have also lost points on assignments because you don't listen to my instructions. Pay attention when I am explaining how I want assignments to be turned in (for example, rough draft, peer editing sheet and final draft).
4. Deadlines need to be adhered to as well as making up work in a timely fashion. When you are absent and you miss an SAT Question of the Day that should be the first thing you turn into me the following class period with your excused admit. Do not turn it in a week later because you know already one is due each week.

With all this said, keep in mind the saying,
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Here's looking towards a successful second nine weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment