Saturday, February 6, 2010

Observations and Updates

Over the past couple weeks I have noticed a trend with some students and I wanted to make a comment about it before it gets out of hand.  

1.  When you are on a fieldtrip or are absent it is your responsibility to find out what you missed while you are out.  I don't know if you are aware, but when I receive emails from the teachers that take you on these fieldtrips they make it very clear that you understand that you must make up any work that you miss.  Before you come to class you should always check the blog and speak to a fellow classmate so that you can tell me specifically what you need.  Those of you who do this already I thank you for your maturity.

2. If you want full credit for an assignment you need to give me 100% effort.  This past week you were aware of the notebook check and yet many of you were still not prepared for it.  Many of you are loosing points for submitting assignments in pencil still.  Some of you are forgetting to submit the SAT Question of the Day, which we have been doing since the beginning of the school year.  At this point in the year I am tired of excuses so do what you need to do if you want to get a good grade.

Moving onto happier topics...
Don't forget about our Tea Party this coming Thursday (Periods 1,3,5) and Friday (Periods 4&6).  Your Concrete poems are due the same day.

Alice in Wonderland movie fieldtrip -- I am thinking it might be nice to save the fieldtrip until the end of the nine weeks before Spring Break.  Let me know which day the majority of you would prefer -- March 25th (Thursday) or March 26th (Friday).  I also will need chaperones so if any of your parents are available please let me know.  I need to start working on the fieldtrip forms and until I have the names of the chaperones I can not submit it.

Top secret -- Make sure you know the major events that have happened from Chapters 1-10 because there could be a pop quiz next week.

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Manfra,
    I really enjoyed the tea party today. It was fun and I appreciate what you did for our 1st period. :)

    Thank you,
    Maria Roman. Period #1

    ReplyDelete