Friday, January 28, 2011

Week of January 24th

Lots of stuff happened this week.

1. I checked your novels for A Lesson Before Dying. Last day to show me whether you have your book or not is Monday, January 31st. 2. Outline of pages 1093-1101 was collected. There will be a quiz based on your outlines this coming week.
3. Read "Stride Toward Freedom" by Martin Luther King and answered four reading questions.
4. Took introduction notes on the novel and watched a brief video on Ernest Gaines, the author. There will be an introduction quiz on that information this coming week.
5. Issued the Poster project. (Please refer to the posting for details on the project.)

I know most of you are looking forward to the Ring Ceremony coming up this week on Thursday, February 3rd (Early Release). Make sure you stay focused and complete all work and be present for the quizzes.

P.S. I am looking into trying to get a swing dance instructor to come to the school to teach you swing dancing since that was a dance that was popular during the 1940s-1960s. I will give you more information as I get it. I hope this sounds fun to you because I think it would be a great way to learn more about that time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment