Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mrs. Manfra just read...

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks

If you liked The Notebook you are going to love this novel.
Nicholas Sparks has a way of bringing love stories to life and this book is no exception.
In this book, Sparks tells us the stories of two different couples -- Ira and Ruth (older couple) Luke and Sophia (younger couple).  These two couples have completely different stories going on with their lives and yet Sparks is able to connect their stories at the very end in a twist of fate ending.
Throughout the book Sparks is able to paint the picture of how loving someone can be difficult and yet beautiful at the same time.  As I read this novel it reminded me of the Courtly Love assignment I gave to all of you.  I have to admit that this novel had me crying at times.  The older couple reminded me so much of the couple from The Notebook.
If you are a hopeless romantic then this novel is for you.


Have you read anything good lately?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment