Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lots to do and so little time

First of all, thank you to everyone for making my birthday AWESOME!!!!

I collected the Wizard of Oz Chapter questions and the SAT Question of the Day. I will not accept them after Friday, April 9th.
The Poetry Slam contest deadline is Friday, April 9th. If you submitted a poem and would like me to enter it please come and see me.

The vote was conducted and here is what you selected for the 4th nine weeks:

Period 1 - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Period 3 - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (The Divine Comedy by Dante for those who want to be challenged)
Period 4 - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Period 5 - Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
You need to obtain your copies by April 19th. I have not found these books online so you have to obtain the book whether you buy it or check it out from a library.

Upcoming events, assignments, projects (work oh my!):

1. Open Mic Day on April 28th - start thinking of a poem you want to recite. It could be one you have written or a poem by one of your favorite authors.
2. Teacher Appreciation Letter - this will be due during the week of May 3-7
3. Mother's Day Placemat - Mother's Day is May 9th and we will be working on these a week or two before so I can laminate them. I will tell you what I will be looking for as the time nears.
4. Year in Review project - So many moments this year should be remembered fondly and this is your chance to relive those memories through a skit or video. Looking forward to seeing what memories you have of this year in English III.

Good luck to those students taking the ACT this coming Saturday. Just try your best and think positive thoughts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment