Friday, April 23, 2010

Week of April 19 - 23

We have begun reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. As you read you should focus on Bradbury's diction, syntax, and overall beautiful writing style.
You are responsible for reading through page 40. The page ends with "Damn!" said Beatty. "You've gone right by the corner where we turn for the firehouse." (This is for those of you who have a downloaded version without page numbers.)
You need to show me your book by next Friday, April 30th or it will go in as a zero. In the meantime you can go to the following website:

http://kisi.deu.edu.tr/murat.goc/451.pdf

This week I gave the Fahrenheit 451 intro quiz. If you need to make it up make sure you bring me an admit and you need to make it up before the end of the week.

*This coming week we are scheduled to go to the Book Fair. They will have the summer reading books available to purchase. Most of the books run between $8-$15.

1. Open Mic Day poems -- Monday and Tuesday you need to give me the name of your poem so that I can be ready for Wednesday. Remember it can be written by you or someone else.
If you do not want to recite your poem you must turn an essay into me that addresses what the poem means and why you connect with it.
2. Mother's Day Placemat -- This coming week we will begin working on the placemats so you will need to bring in your materials to create them. Things like construction paper, markers, crayons, pictures, etc. I will tell you what you are required to put on your placemats and you will also have the ability to be creative.
3. Comparative Essay final drafts will be due by Friday, April 30th. You will only be able to type them in school. I will be grading them based on attention grabber, clear thesis, organized ideas in body paragraphs, use at least four quotes, and having a logical conclusion.

1 comment:

  1. hey mrs. my teachers didnt let me out today so that i could give u my poem and then i forgot during lunch lol but heres the name .

    Around the Corner
    By Charles Hanson Towne

    ReplyDelete