Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Grades and Assignments for week of May 3rd - 7th

You should have analyzed and scored your "Birthday Party" response by the end of the week. I want you to score it so that you learn what I am looking for when it comes to an on the spot literary analysis.

Mother's Day placemats need to be shown to me no later than Friday unless you want it laminated and in that case I need it by Wednesday. Remember it is a grade and Mother's Day is this Sunday. After Friday it is an automatic zero.

Teacher Appreciation activity:
You can either turn in a letter to me written to a favorite teacher or you can do something more creative like a Powerpoint or a picture that I can send via email to that teacher. This is also for a grade so don't let it pass you by. After Friday it is also an automatic zero.

Progress Reports come out on Thursday. Many of you will be receiving unsatisfactory notices mainly because you are not turning in required assignments. By this time of the year the SAT Question of the Day should be automatic -- you should be doing it in your sleep. Whether you are out or not you know it is due every Friday. There are no excuses. The Comparative Essay rough draft and final draft are worth 10% of your grade for the nine weeks. You are responsible for completing your work. I have shown you examples of how to write a thesis. There is link on this blog so you can see the format for the essay. I can not write the essay for you.

We will finally be going in for subject selection this week and it is important that you have your forms ready to go (i.e. Honors/AP Recommendation form signed by you, your parent, and teachers).

I have not forgotten about Fahrenheit 451. I will be providing you with reading questions to complete over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment